Us too! But living in
Michigan it is better to try and enjoy it instead of dreading it. So, here are some ideas to get you through…
- Take a Bath – a hot bubbly one or get one of those bath
bombs that you keep hearing so much about.
Grab a glass of wine & Ahhhh!
- Outdoor Sports – Yes, they do actually have outdoor sports
for winter. Remember, there is a whole
season of Olympic Games based on them.
So, do something you loved as a kid (sledding or ice skating) or try
something knew (skiing or snowboarding – Luge anyone ??)
- Take a Walk – Bundle up and take a walk! Go to a downtown area or out into a
park. Take advantage of those sunny days
& get as much vitamin D as you can.
It will help boost your mood.
- Enjoy some Hot Chocolate – when was the last time you put
some little marshmallows in a nice mug of deliciousness?
- Family Night/Day – grab a game or get some snacks and watch
a movie that everyone loves. I know
Christmas is over, but if Elf is your Favorite – watch it again.
- Read a Book – fiction, self-help, autobiography, comic,
romance…whatever your fancy.
- Make some plans – Spring projects or vacation…start
planning! You will be that much further
ahead and start getting excited for them.
- Crafts – as simple as grabbing a coloring book (adult or
kid, no judgement here) or as complex as building a bookcase.
- Bake – make your favorite brownies or experiment with a new
recipe. Try making your favorite recipe
“healthier” – avocado brownies (I hear they are delicious)
Feel free to do them all separately or even combine!! A nice bath with a book, hot chocolate &
your treat that you just baked – Perfect ??
We are almost there Michigan – hang in there! But keep this list handy for when you need it
again next winter!!