Three Reasons to Stage Before Selling
Do you know why you should stage a home before listing it for sale? Here are three reasons to stage before selling that will benefit the sale of your property.
When it comes to selling your home you want to do everything you can to make it as attractive as possible to the widest range of potential buyers. One effective way to do this is by staging your home before you list it. Home staging involves carefully preparing and presenting your home to showcase its best features. Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere should be the top priority to attract more buyers and happier sellers.
There are so many benefits to staging your home. Here are our top three reasons why and investment in home staging is worth considering:
- Staging makes your listing look its absolute best, both online and in-person. When you’re living in a home, it’s easy to get used to the day-to-day items and not really notice clutter or small imperfections. A professional home stager will be able to see your home with fresh eyes. At Showhomes we make recommendations for decluttering, rearranging furniture, and making small repairs to really elevate the overall look and feel of your home. Staging can make a huge difference in highlighting your home’s strengths and will revive any awkward spaces. In many cases, these changes may even influence the appraisal price of the property. Homes in Miami that are staged before listing typically sell 5%-23% over asking price.
- Staging helps your home stand out in a crowded market. If you’re in a competitive real estate market like Miami, time is of the essence. Staged homes can sell 80% faster than the average listing. As a seller you want to do everything you can to make your listing stand out from the competition. You also want to drive people to see your property as soon as possible. The less time a property spends on the market, the higher the sales price and return on investment. If the online listing looks sophisticated, buyers will be more inclined to visit your property. Walking through a well-staged home will make a stronger impression than a non-staged home, increasing the chances that buyers will choose your home over other homes that may look less taken care of, messy, or uninviting to clients.
- Staging helps buyers visualize the next phase of their family’s life. When buyers walk through a home, they’re trying to imagine what it would be like to live there. De-personalizing a home allows buyers to easily envision themselves and their belongings in the property, rather than thinking about how you and your family have made use of the space. By staging your home to appeal to a wide range of potential buyers, you gain a market of people who are willing to pay a little extra to win a bid on their ideal home.
If you’re planning to sell your home, we highly recommend investing in professional home staging. Increasing buyer appeal will get you one step closer to a successful sale. The small investment of home staging will pay for itself; it will increase your chances of attracting your ideal buyer and will cost less than a price reduction of your property. Plus, it’s a fun and exciting process that can really help you love your home even more before you say goodbye!
FEATURED ARTCILE IN PORCH:
Why is it worth the investment in home staging?
Home staging prepares a home to look its best before listing. Here are some reasons why it is worth the investment.
1. Home staging creates an emotional connection between buyers and a property. A professional staging design allows buyers to walk through a show-ready home with defined, functional spaces. Added accessories and decor bring the details of the home to life, helping buyers envision themselves living in the space– ultimately leading to a faster and more successful sale.
2. Staging can increase the perceived value of a property. A professionally staged home appears well-maintained, modern, and stylish, justifying a higher asking price. This attracts more qualified buyers willing to pay a premium for a move-in ready home while also allowing sellers to get a return on their home staging investment through a higher sale price.
3. Staged homes sell faster. They stand out from the competition, catching the attention of the widest range of buyers. By highlighting unique details and telling a story through staging, the listing becomes more appealing in a crowded market. With faster sale time and higher offers, the investment of home staging is cheaper than a possible price reduction of a non-staged home receiving little to no buyer traffic.
If you aren’t already, becoming a home staging believer is worth the investment. Listing a show-ready home ignites emotional connections, increases perceived value, and leads to faster sales. Whether you’re a Homeowner, Realtor, or Developer, working with a professional home staging team maximizes the selling potential of a property and gives it a competitive edge in a moving real estate market.
To read the full article click here: https://porch.com/advice/home-sale-online-tips
If you’ve never staged your listing with us before, click here to read more about our entire home staging process.